Perdeberg Cellars’ Courageous Dry Land Collection Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc has flourished in the four years since its launch, in the last quarter of 2013.
The Dry Land Collection Courageous Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc, with its boldness and abundance of flavours, which lingers after each sip, has brought unequivocal pride to the Perdeberg team by bringing in an historical 4th consecutive win at the annual Standard Bank Chenin Blanc Top Ten Challenge. Perdeberg was the only brand and product to garner four successive awards with every vintage since the launch of this new wine challenge platform, therefore creating history!
In 2016, the third year that The Dry Land Collection Courageous Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2015 was entered into the Standard Bank Chenin Blanc Top Ten Challenge, Perdeberg ranked as the top ten amongst 124 entries.
In 2015, the second year of the awards, Perdeberg Cellar came in amongst the top ten with The Dry Land Collection Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2014 against 145 entries.
In 2014, the first year of the Standard Bank Chenin Blanc Top Ten Challenge, Perdeberg came in as one of the top 10 Chenin Blanc’s out of the 126 wines that entered with their The Dry Land Collection Barrel Fermented Chenin Blanc 2013.
Perdeberg’s CEO, Gerhard van der Watt, said: “To have The Dry Land Collection Chenin Blanc ranked in the Top 10 Chenin Blancs for the past four years, awarding us with this historic moment, amongst such strong competitors, is a very proud moment for us and we look forward to being part of what is still to come with this label.”
As a Top 10 winner in previous years, Perdeberg Cellar received cash prizes, which they used towards an ARA project for upgrading and equipping the Crèches on their producer farms as well as utilizing it to uplift the community. This year, once again, the monies will be spent uplifting the Perdeberg community based causes.
The wines were judged over three days, from 4 to 6 July 2017, during blind tastings by a panel of wine experts.
These wine fundi’s include:
• Cathy van Zyl, chairperson of the Institute of Masters of Wine’s education committee Cathy and who is a regular judge and associate editor of Platter’s South African Wine Guide
• Richard Kershaw, who, in 2011 passed his International (British) Master of Wine and became the second resident South African Master of Wine.
• James Pietersen, a professional wine taster with a deep and respected knowledge of South African wines
• Tinashe Nyamudoka, Head Sommelier/Beverage Manager at The Test Kitchen
• Lauren Buzzeo, the newly appointed Managing Editor of the Wine Enthusiast Magazine
• Marlvin Gwese, Head Sommelier at Cape Grace Hotel and Wine Enthusiast USA Associate Judge
Issued by Wired Communications on behalf of Perdeberg Winery.
+27 (21) 869 8244 / 8112